Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Eating Across America @ Oklahoma Joe's Restaurant Kansas City, Kansas

Imagine my surprise when my GPS said "arriving at your destination" and I looked up to see a gas station, surely it was mistaken. But after two U turns my GPS "recalculated" and brought me back to where I started. 
Before my eyes was the Zagat rated restaurant in the gas station store! I will NEVER judge a book (aka restaurant) by its cover again!!! When I opened the door the line, which wrapped around the counter, filled with business men in their wool coats and locals dressed in jeans, proved to be an accurate testimony to its acclaimed BBQ!  
Tonight I ate a "Carolina" pulled pork sandwich topped with spicy slaw at "Oklahoma" Joe's in "Kansas City" Kansas (not Missouri)! The meat was moist and sweet with a hint of smoky flavor permeating every bite and the fries were perfectly seasoned. 

County Comfort Cookbook Rating ~ the best BBQ ever! 

To read more about regional eating..

No comments:

Post a Comment