Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Eating Across America @ bluestem Restaurant ~ Kansas City, Missouri

It was such an adventure to locate one of the city's top ten restaurants that I almost abandoned my quest. But I’m glad that my determination was well worth it!
When my GPS screen read: “cannot locate” I called them asking if they knew of a different address the GPS would pick up.  A friendly, soft voice said, “no that’s our address but try Kansas City Missouri not Kansas.” A lesson you quickly learn when visiting the city is that it spans across two states.   Upon hearing my GPS declare,“you've  arrived at your destination” I turned to see a farmer’s market.  
Once again I called and the friendly, soft voice said, “We are across the street but we don’t exactly have our name outside.” After dining there it all made sense, for a restaurant so distinct and packed  on a week night,  you didn't need more then a lowercase “b” on the blue awning to identify it.
Their menu changes daily so there is no signature dishes but a varied selection of 5 courses.  I selected a blood orange cloud salad, stuffed poussin and a Meyer lemon cream dessert.    
Definitely a trendy  farm to table feel with an artistic presentation that one would think fine dining. The ambiance they created was a perfect setting for their memorizing food.   The entire experience was truly a gastronomic delight.

Country Comfort Cookbook Rating – well worth the accolades! Don’t miss it!
To read more about regional eating ...

No comments:

Post a Comment