Thursday, March 7, 2013

Eating Across America @ Le Fou Frog Restaurant ~ Kansas City, Missouri

I've developed several methods for seeking good restaurants in a new city.  One of the most reliable is to ask the wait staff to recommend a comparable restaurant. Last night I did just that and the waitress emphatically declared ~ Le Fou Frog.  "It  looks like a simple building  from outside but upon entering the magic begins as you are transported to a French bistro".  The walls are covered with vintage French poster art and you hear the French language being sung and spoken.
I typically don't order French onion soup but the description of the traditional soup sweetened with port wine and onions steeped in veal stock was irresistible as was the taste. Unfortunately they were out of my first choice, Frog leg Provencal, so I had a Duck salad with a Raspberry coulis, fresh and light. Dessert, an apple tatin,  transported me back to a cafe I ate in while in Paris

Country Comfort cookbook rating ~ traditional French country at its best!


No comments:

Post a Comment