Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Eating Across America @ Poole's Diner in Raleigh, NC


Usually a trip to a new city involves conducting researching before had to find good restaurants... this trip was different.  Fortunately my cousin, Beth, is the owner of Can Do Concierge, Inc.  One email and a key question later and she sent me a list of "farm to table", trendy restaurants which  featured local food.  I would need a week to sample them all... but tonight I selected - Poole's.
Now... Imagine an old fashion diner (no kidding – with a counter and stools for the bar), large framed chalk boards housed Catholic school penmanship with descriptions of dishes straight from the pages of your favorite culinary magazine!
Now...Imagine chick peas, roasted beets, buttermilk dressing laced with fresh mint ~ who knew a salad could be this divine?!  I always ask about the chef's signature dishes and tonight my waiter, Bradell, recommended the Chef’s Mac n' Cheese.  He was right; it was not to be missed.  I had no shame as I peel each piece of the broiled cheese away from the sides of the bowl.  When in the south, I can't resist bread pudding ... I especially loved this one made with chocolate brioche.
It's evident from the high energy and the fact that it was full on a week night that it's popular ... so get there early (they don't take reservations)!  

Country Comfort Cookbook rating ~ Get there early, there are no reservations ... best food ever!


Poole's Diner on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment