Friday, April 26, 2013

Eating Across America ~ Osteria Laguna in NYC

I LOVE starting  with  a salad ... true confessions ...I  LOVE when someone else is slicing and dicing and I  get to enjoy the results!.... I LOVE a restaurant that features not only a large variety of salads but one which offers salads that  you can substitute for a meal by giving you the option of adding  a protein.   If you are trying to make healthy choices or you want to eat light .... a good salad can be oh so satisfying!

Today I tried the Arugula Heirloom Tomatoes with Grilled Prawns, Carrots and Roasted Beet Salad drizzled with lemon dressing.  The menu boasts, "A Taste of Venice in Midtown".... after eating this salad it brought me right back to eating in Italy... where everything is prepared simply and is lightly dressed! It was absolutely delicious. 

The menu features an equal impressive selection of Risottos like Saffron Duck Ragu with Orange Zest and even more types of specialty pizzas to choose from.  Broccoli Rab with Sweet and Spicy Italian Sausages caught my eye.

 If you are a follower of my blog, you know that I am wooed by the ambiance.... again you are taken to Venice....as you are seated in a country dining room at rustic farm style tables.


Country Comfort Cookbook Review ~ you too will transported by good food and a charming ambiance.



Osteria Laguna on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment